Are You Blowing Your Chances With Any Of These Digital Flirting Mistakes?
Now that we are in the 21st century, technology has taken up a rather large role in the dating game – digital flirting has become a major part of the courting ritual. But, if you get it wrong, then you could find yourself completely blowing your chances – the digital age is great, but it has brought up a whole new dating and flirting minefield to negotiate.
So how should you handle digital flirting? A study by TalkTalk Mobile uncovered some of the biggest text flirting turn offs that are sure to dent your chances of getting a real relationship going. So brace yourself and read on to see if you have been blowing it with your phone etiquette and terrible texting…
- To Kiss Or Not To Kiss – The top texting turn off was revealed to be using the wrong amount of kisses at the end of a text. If the flirtation is new or the relationship is long-term, sending fewer kisses than your other half is considered impolite and wuite the brush off.
- Always Available – Answering your phone during dinner is a big no, no, as is leaving your phone on in the cinema. Just turn it off and let it ring once in a while, your date will appreciate having your full undivided attention.
- Awful Acronyms – leave the LOLs and the TTYLs to the pre-teens as overuse of these just hideous acronyms is something that can cause your partner to lose interest in you. Just think about it, they aren’t very grown up are they?
- And The Rest – Texting after 11pm, texting or emailing boring small talk, and resending texts that don’t receive replies are all big texting faux pas.
However, your texting skills can be used to move that flirtation along and improve your relationship. So cheer up, it is not all doom and gloom – so as long as it is before 11pm, pick p that phone and try some of these digital flirting moves…
- Sweet Dreams – Text you partner goodnight as often as you can; it will give them a smile as they drift off to sleep, knowing that you are thinking of them. Text them a ‘good morning’ too, it lets your partner know that they are one of the first things you think of when you wake up.
- Don’t Be Lazy – Try to always respond to a text within a few hours and ask questions to stimulate the conversation, instead of a simple ‘OK’ – no one likes that.
Hopefully, this will help all you phone lovers out there, improve your etiquette and keep you off the block list.
Read the full story on The Daily Mail.
For more flirting and a chance to meet some new people, visit out official Facebook Page.